Hi I’m Paul, and I like to figure stuff out.
I think you should know that about me because it sums up why I’m here, doing what I do.
- As a youngster, I was fascinated with computers, so I bought a Mac 128K and went to uni to study computer technology.
- Whilst at uni, and learning to fend for myself, I realised that I couldn’t even boil an egg, so I went off to TAFE and trained as a chef.
- A similar pattern of learning developed over the years…………
OK, so why websites?
So one day during a ‘gap year’ from a long and tiring career in product sales and account management, my partner Rachel asked me to ‘build’ a website to help promote her health and wellness business. No problem, I said.
How hard can it be?
From humble beginnings as a casual ‘web surfer’, I dived into the abyss that is, the ‘internet’. WordPress, web hosting, domains, plugins, widgets, security, spammers, SEO, PHP, HTML, CSS, my old mate the WSOD (White Screen of Death!); and a few of the most frantic and intense months of my life.
Six months later Health Equals Freedom was born.
I loved every minute of it!
This exercise started a new phase in my life –
- Along with learning about all things natural and healthy, I started designing websites
- I realised that despite the best efforts of companies to make it simple for people to create websites, it’s still a challenge to get it right, especially if you want a professional site that get’s results and not just a bunch of pretty pictures
- I learnt that Graphic Design ≠ Web Design. Good web design is the sum of many parts, of which graphic design is but one element. Getting the many elements working together to provide a great user experience and achieve the result you’re after is the role of a web designer; it’s what we’re good at.
- The digital world is becoming increasingly more complex every day, by leveraging the time I’ve spent to figure out what works, and more importantly what doesn’t, you can focus on what you’re good at.
Simple, it powers over 28% of the web and is trusted by many of the biggest brands in the world.
I also believe that any website owner should be able to easily update it themselves, and not have to hire a developer just to add a new page, or change a phone number.
That’s why I build websites with WordPress!
I share this beautiful life with my amazing partner Rachel, and our adorable black Labrador Elaine. We live in the gorgeous town of Hurstbridge, up in the hills, NE of Melbourne; a short ride into the world’s most liveable city, and a hop-skip and jump to the fabulous alpine Victorian ‘High Country’, which we love.
When I’m not assisting my clients enhancing their online presence, I like to spend time outdoors, traveling, exploring the ‘High Country’, camping, fishing and trail bike riding. I love the ‘Blues’ and bash away on some old guitars whenever I get the urge to try and replicate my idols.
I’m a volunteer firefighter with the Hurstbridge Fire Brigade (CFA).
I also volunteer my time and home as a ‘Puppy Raiser’ with Guide Dogs Victoria and currently raising ‘Galen’ a gorgeous but cheeky black labrador boy.
Most of all though, I just love figuring stuff out!
For more information on the WordPress Digital Solutions I offer to help you achieve your online goals, just click on the link below.